Youth Sacramental Prep - 1st Communion
In the Diocese of Springfield, IL, the Sacraments of Christian Initiation are offered in the original sequence (Baptism, Confirmation and Communion) for children. (Go to restoredorder.dio.org for more information.)
All students from St. Cecilia will receive the sacraments together, regardless of where they attend school: parochial, public, or home.
- First Reconciliation
- 2nd grade students will prepare for and receive.
- Students will receive this sacrament at St. Cecilia.
- Confirmation & 1st Communion
- 3rd grade students will prepare for and receive.
- Students will receive these sacraments from the Bishop at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Springfield. (Go to dio.org/confirmation for more information.)
Parents are the primary teachers for their children. With this in mind, our Sacramental Preparation programs contain both parent only instruction and parent / student instruction.
NOTE: Students attending parochial schools are not required to attend the parent / student instruction, as they will receive sacramental preparation from the parochial school.
In order to participate in these preparation classes, students must:
- provide an official certificate of baptism,
- be a registered member of St. Cecilia,
- continue their classroom religious education program.
St. Cecilia's sacramental preparation program for 1st Communion uses Signs of Grace: You are Loved
This curriculum prepares children to receive the Sacrament of Holy Communion for the first time by revealing the intimate love that God has for us.
These links may help your study: