Knights of Columbus
The Knights of Columbus Council 13216 is a Catholic family service organization dedicated to the virtues of CHARITY, UNITY, FRATERNITY and PATRIOTISM. The national organization, founded in 1882, is located in New Haven, CT and has over 1.8 million members worldwide in over 14,000 councils.
Our council has over 130 members. It is parish-based and began at St. Cecilia's in October of 2002. We offer a wide variety of volunteer opportunites which support the church, youth, family, community and council. Volunteer commitments vary by member and the camaraderie and friendship from the group are immense.
We meet in St. Cecilia's parish hall on the 1st Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
JOIN US! Membership in the Knights of Columbus is open to practicing Catholic men in union with the Holy See and at least 18 years old. We teach 4 degrees or lessons in the Order:
To become a member of the Knights in the 1st Degree, an applicant must:
- Complete a member application
- Attend a welcome orientation
- Attend a 1st Degree ceremony
- Annual dues of $25 (age 26+) or $10 (age 18-25) are assessed in December.
- A one-time initiation fee of $15 (ages 26+) or $10 (age 18-25) is assessed upon acceptance.