Congratulations on the new life in your family. Preparation for the Baptism sacrament involves special instruction for parents. Notification to the parish must take place as soon as possible before the child is born and an appointment made for a Baptismal Preparation Class. For further information please contact the Parish Office at 618-288-3200.
Jesus on the cross already has "done our work for us". In the Sacrament of Reconciliation we simply give God a chance to share with us the infinite merits of His Son. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is celebrated every Saturday from 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. or at any other time by appointment. Have questions? We've got answers - HERE!
Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding celebration! For further information please contact the Parish Office at 618-288-3200.
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
Are you interested in becoming Catholic, or know somebody who is? Then inquire with us about RCIA. The RCIA is a tour of faith:
- through the initial stages of asking and seeking,
- through beginning involvement with Christian/Catholic people,
- through hearing the Gospel proclaimed and by faithful reflection and prayer on this Word of God,
- through study and discussion about the Catholic experience,
- through doubts and hesitations,
- through discernment of God’s call for them as individuals,
- through the steps of commitment,
- through the sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist)
The RCIA is for adults who:
- are interested in learning more about the Catholic Church.
- have never celebrated Baptism.
- have celebrated Baptism in another faith and are interested in the Catholic Church.
- are baptized Catholics who have not yet received Eucharist or Confirmation.
- are married to a Catholic and attend Mass, but just don’t know what the next step is to become one of the Catholic faithful.
For further information please contact the Parish Office at 618-288-3200.