Youth Sacramental Preparation
Preparing for the Sacraments of 1st Reconciliation, Confirmation and 1st Eucharist.
In the Diocese of Springfield, IL, the Sacraments of Christian Initiation are offered in the original sequence (Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist) for children.
More information is available on this Restored Order Micro Site created by the Springfield Diocese.
- Students in
- 2nd Grade – Prepare for and receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- 3rd Grade – Prepare for and receive the Sacraments of Confirmation & 1st Eucharist
Parents are the primary teachers for their children.
With this in mind, our Sacramental Preparation programs contain both Parent only instruction and Parent / Student instruction.
The Sacramental Preparation programs consist of:
- Parent studies
- Parent / student studies (a)
- Individual studies
(a) Students attending parochial schools do not need to attend the parent / student meetings. The students will receive Sacramental Preparation from the parochial school.
All students attending parochial, public, and home schools will receive the sacraments together, at St. Cecilia.
In order to participate in these preparation classes, students must
- provide an official certificate of baptism,
- be a registered member of St. Cecilia, &
- continue their classroom religious education program.
Contact the Coordinatory of Religious Education for more information on the Sacramental Preparation program at St. Cecilia.